The Wahoo KICKR 5 becomes the latest flagship direct drive Smart Trainer from Wahoo. This video covers all the details of what’s new with this latest release. Stay tuned for the full Lama Lab Test report once I’ve put a few 100km more into this new unit.
– Direct Drive Interactive Smart Trainer (Rear wheel off)
– Bike compatibility: Quick Release 130/135. Thru-Axle 12×142/148.
– Wheel Size: 24″, 650c, 700c, 26″, 27.5″, 29″
– Cassette Pre-Installed: Shimano/SRAM Compatible 11spd (11-28 Ratio)
– Freehub Shimano/SRAM HG. (Aftermarket options: XD/XDR, Campagnolo)
– Supported connections ANT+ (Pwr/Spd/Cad), ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart FTMS.
– DIRECT CONNECT Port.
– Power Accuracy: ±1%
– Calibration: Spindown not required! (Though still an option within the app)
– Grade simulation: 20%
– Max wattage: 2200W
– Flywheel size/weight: 16lbs / 7.25kg
– Noise Level: Very Quiet.
– Power Source: Mains Power. – Kickr CLIMB Compatible.
– Firmware Upgradable.
4 thoughts on “Wahoo KICKR v5 Smart Trainer: What’s New // Product Details”
Will you again sell the colored stripes for Kickrs – specifically the V4 and V5?
No sorry Ron. Check on eBay for these. I’m sure some has taken the idea and run with it.
Hi, in the videos you mention that you where still performing test to see if the previous version issues where fix. Do you have a eta ? I’m looking at the kickr or the neo 2t and find it not easy to choose one or the other. Price, maintenance, accuracy (both looks like they have issues. ) and silent.
I’m still waiting for a firmware update from Wahoo.