The Wahoo KICKR 5 becomes the latest flagship direct drive Smart Trainer from Wahoo. This video covers all the details of what’s new with this latest release. Stay tuned for the full Lama Lab Test report once I’ve put a few 100km more into this new unit.
– Direct Drive Interactive Smart Trainer (Rear wheel off)
– Bike compatibility: Quick Release 130/135. Thru-Axle 12×142/148.
– Wheel Size: 24″, 650c, 700c, 26″, 27.5″, 29″
– Cassette Pre-Installed: Shimano/SRAM Compatible 11spd (11-28 Ratio)
– Freehub Shimano/SRAM HG. (Aftermarket options: XD/XDR, Campagnolo)
– Supported connections ANT+ (Pwr/Spd/Cad), ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart FTMS.
– DIRECT CONNECT Port.
– Power Accuracy: ±1%
– Calibration: Spindown not required! (Though still an option within the app)
– Grade simulation: 20%
– Max wattage: 2200W
– Flywheel size/weight: 16lbs / 7.25kg
– Noise Level: Very Quiet.
– Power Source: Mains Power. – Kickr CLIMB Compatible.
– Firmware Upgradable.