Elite this week introduces the Direto XR smart trainer as their top model indoor cycle trainer. This video covers all the details and I give my take on how it performed in the Lama Lab for my training and Lama Lab Tests over the last few weeks.
Direto XR Full Specifications:
– Direct Drive Interactive Smart Trainer (Rear wheel off)
– Bike compatibility: Quick Release 130/135. Native Thru-Axle 12×142.
– Cassette Pre-Installed: Shimano/SRAM Compatible 11spd.
– Freehub Shimano/SRAM HG. (Aftermarket options: XD/XDR, MicroSpline, Campagnolo)
– Supported connections ANT+ (Pwr/Spd/Cad), ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart FTMS.
– Power Accuracy: ±1.5 OTS (Optical Torque Sensor) power meter.- Calibration: Spindown via MyETraining App.
– Grade simulation: 24%
– Max wattage: 2300W (@40km/h)
– Flywheel size/weight: 5.1kg (*Updated details from Elite post video publication!)
– Noise Level: Quiet… not silent.
– Power Source: Mains Power.
– Firmware Upgrades via Elite Upgrado App. – Front Wheel Riser Block- Extras: 12 months Elite MyETraining app // 1 Month Zwift
THREE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE DIRETO XR:
1 – The Direto has hidden levelling adjustment on the feet!
2 – If you’re pairing over ANT+ for speed/distance: Use 173mm for wheel size!
3 – Direto XR actually substitutes two models – the Direto X and Drivo II