Kinetic R1 Direct Drive Smart Trainer – The ONLY direct drive trainer that rocks and rolls with side to side motion.
This trainer has been verging on release for around 12 months now, with a few false starts as Kinetic worked out a few issues.
Kinetic have been in this game a LONG time with indoor trainers. It wasn’t all smooth sailing as they moved into smart/interactive trainers. Most of those issues are sorted… and fingers crossed the R1 has all the boxes ticked….
– Direct Drive Interactive Smart Trainer.
– Bike compatibility: 130/135 Quick Release. Native Thru-Axle 142/148.
– Freehub: Shimano/SRAM (Cassette not included).
– ANT+ FE-C, ANT+ Legacy, Bluetooth Smart FTMS.- USB Port (wired).
– Data: Power / Speed / No Cadence* (*maybe added in the future. Sensor now inc.) – Power Accuracy Claims +/-3% (spindown calibration)
– Grade simulation: 20%
– Max wattage: 2000W
– Flywheel size/weight: Unlisted… but the unit is HEAVY!
– Noise Level: Yes. It’s not quiet.
– Power Source: Mains Power. (Resistance can be manually set for non powered use)
– Firmware Upgradable via Mobile App.
– Adjustable Feet / Unit Levelling.
– And yes, it rocks and rolls!
Well… in summary, it’s not the best of news I’m sorry. The unit just isn’t ready to be on shelves. There’s too many hang-ups in regard power accuracy and noise. It’s just not up to 2019 standards. And nowhere near justifies the AU$1699 price tag here in Australia. All the details are in my video below.