On paper the Saris H4 Smart Trainer is a step-up in compatibility and power accuracy for the flagship smart trainer from Saris. Unfortunately the review unit sent over failed both the 12 speed compatibility test and did not meet the claimed power accuracy specifications. In late 2022 this is not the kind of review that I expected to be publishing…. but here we are. 🤦🏻♂️
Saris H4 Technical Specifications:
● Direct Drive Interactive Smart Trainer (SIM / ERG Mode)
● Bike compatibility: Road/MTB/etc
● Axle: Quick Release 130/135. Thru-Axle 142/148. Non Pivoting axle.
● Freehub: Shimano HG ‘Compatible’ Freehub. (No cassette supplied). XD/XDR Optional Purchase .
● Supported connections ANT+, ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart FTMS (Single BLE).
● Power, Speed, Cadence.
● Power Accuracy Claims ±1%.
● Spindown Calibration. No auto-calibration/spindown.
● Grade simulation: 25% (Up from 20% on the H3)
● Max wattage: 2300W (Up from 2000W on the H3)
● Flywheel: 20lbs / 9kgs!
● Noise Level: It’s quiet.
● Power Source: Mains power. Provides progressive resistance with no power.
● Firmware Upgrades via App.
#Cycling #SmartTrainer #Saris