After many thousands of kms and a few trips around the world it’s time to upgrade my Evade road helmet helmet to the new edition as the sun comes out again for the LONG Aussie summer! The Evade II now comes with MIPS protection and comes with an ANGi sensor as an option. Unfortunately it doesn’t repel magpies…..
Wahoo ELEMNT / Specialized ANGi Crash Sensor Integration: https://youtu.be/CAMYOWEeOLE
Specs from the Specialized Site:
● Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet Specialized have tested.
● 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
● Patented Energy Optimized Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
● Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
● Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
● Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
● Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
● Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
● Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
● Integrated ANGi crash sensor.
● Magnetic buckle is simple and secure.
One thought on “New Helmet Day // Specialized S-Works Evade II w/ MIPS & ANGi 🚲🦅”
With the Evade III, Specialized raised the price $25 (USA) and removed the ANGi sensor which is another $50. Thus, the version III of the helmet is $75 more expensive and has no real differences over the version II that I can see.